Doug Lennox is an internationally acclaimed broadcaster, a veteran character actor, a commercial voice artist, and a bestselling author. He has appeared in more than 60 films and television features, including X-Men, Police Academy, Lonesome Dove, and Against the Ropes, and shared screen time with Meg Ryan, Hugh Jackman, Burt Reynolds, Holly Hunter, Eric McCormack, Gary Oldman, and a myriad of others.
Now You Know Canada
A new collection of the best Canadian trivia in honour of Canadaâ€™s 150th birthday.
Just in time for Canadaâ€™s 150th birthday is this collection of the best in Canadian questions and answers, covering history, famous Canadians, sports, word origins, geography, and everything in between. In these pages, youâ€™ll learn the answers to questions like:
- Where did the word â€śCanuckâ€ť come from?
- How did an aristocratic French girl become a Canadian Robinson Crusoe?
- Why do Canadian engineers wear iron rings?
- What famous explorer played hockey in the Arctic?
- Who was the first Black woman elected to Canadaâ€™s Parliament?
- What unlikely team beat Canada for the gold medal for hockey in the 1936 Winter Olympics?
- How did the Halifax Explosion occur?