Doug Lennox was an internationally acclaimed broadcaster, a veteran character actor, a commercial voice artist, and a bestselling author. He has appeared in more than 60 films and television features, including X-Men, Police Academy, Lonesome Dove, and Against the Ropes, and shared screen time with Meg Ryan, Hugh Jackman, Burt Reynolds, Holly Hunter, Eric McCormack, Gary Oldman, and a myriad of others.
Now You Know Big Book of Answers 2
Once again Doug Lennox, the toastmaster of trivia, serves up a mammoth selection of some of his most cherished Q&As culled from his previous books. Also featured in this wide-ranging compendium are 150 brand-new questions answered with Doug’s inimitable flair for unearthing intriguing arcana on everything from animals and the arts to superstitions and show business. Customs, conventions, expressions, everyday words, rituals, and traditions – Doug has dug deep to deliver the goods on a vast array of perplexing subjects.
- Why is a warm autumn called "Indian summer"?
- What is the origin of "nicknames"?
- Why is a decorated parade vehicle called a "float"?
- Why is the rubber around a car wheel called a "tire"?
- Why are sailors known as "tars"?
- Why is a bad dream called a "nightmare"?
- Why are published periodicals called "magazines"?