Doug Lennox is an internationally acclaimed broadcaster, a veteran character actor, a commercial voice artist, and a bestselling author. He has appeared in more than 60 films and television features, including X-Men, Police Academy, Lonesome Dove, and Against the Ropes, and shared screen time with Meg Ryan, Hugh Jackman, Burt Reynolds, Holly Hunter, Eric McCormack, Gary Oldman, and a myriad of others.
Now You Know Big Book of Answers 2
Once again Doug Lennox, the toastmaster of trivia, serves up a mammoth selection of some of his most cherished Q&As culled from his previous books. Also featured in this wide-ranging compendium are 150 brand-new questions answered with Dougâ€™s inimitable flair for unearthing intriguing arcana on everything from animals and the arts to superstitions and show business. Customs, conventions, expressions, everyday words, rituals, and traditions â€“ Doug has dug deep to deliver the goods on a vast array of perplexing subjects.
- Why is a warm autumn called "Indian summer"?
- What is the origin of "nicknames"?
- Why is a decorated parade vehicle called a "float"?
- Why is the rubber around a car wheel called a "tire"?
- Why are sailors known as "tars"?
- Why is a bad dream called a "nightmare"?
- Why are published periodicals called "magazines"?