Doug Lennox is an internationally acclaimed broadcaster, a veteran character actor, a commercial voice artist, and a bestselling author. He has appeared in more than 60 films and television features, including X-Men, Police Academy, Lonesome Dove, and Against the Ropes, and shared screen time with Meg Ryan, Hugh Jackman, Burt Reynolds, Holly Hunter, Eric McCormack, Gary Oldman, and a myriad of others.
Now You Know Baseball
While baseball is touted as Americaâ€™s favourite pastime, everyone will know the score with this grand slam of Q&A thatâ€™s sure to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Doug Lennox hammers it out of the park by filling us in on whoâ€™s won the most Cy Young Awards, what the Green Monster is, and the five ways that a player can be called "out." In this treasure trove of baseball lore, youâ€™ll learn all about the leagues and teams that have come and gone, the players who are legends, and the achievements and records that have become the stuff of myth and fable.
- Where and when did Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run?
- What major league team was known as the Blue Jays long before a team existed in Toronto?
- Who were the Bash Brothers?
- Where was baseball first played?
- Who wrote the song "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"?
- Did Fidel Castro try out for the New York Yankees?