G. Edmond Burrows, FCPA, FCA, valued pensions and other material assets for Family Law purposes for ten years. In doing so he discovered that many people do not get their fair share of property or support when their marriage breaks down. He is considered the leading expert in the field of Family Law by many lawyers across Canada, and has been quoted by the Supreme Court of Canada.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Divorce Financially
Whenever a marriage breaks down, the emotional toll on both parties is tremendous. But what people are usually unprepared for is the wide range of financial matters that need to be thought about when it comes to divide the couple’s assets.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Divorce Financially is an invaluable source of information for anyone going through the overwhelming divorce process. The book explains, in simple language:
- details of the law dealing with the sharing of assets
- how to justify a higher value for your spouse’s assets, and a lower value for your own
- how to reduce the costs that you will incur in the process
- how to choose a lawyer or mediator
- how to identify little-known assets
- how to make sure that you get your share of your spouse’s Canada Pension Plan payments
And many more aspects of divorce that are often overlooked.