Established in 1972, Dundurn Press is Canada’s leading independent Publisher, with more than 2,500 books currently in print and more than 1,800 ebooks available. We publish roughly 50 new titles each year in varied genres including mysteries, fiction, biographies, business, history, and current affairs.
We are looking for an Accountant to join our team as a maternity leave replacement; following the maternity leave term of roughly one year there may be future opportunities with the Dundurn team. Working closely with our existing accounting team member and our contract CFO , you will be responsible for full-cycle day to day accounting and bookkeeping for the company and you will provide financial and accounting expertise for functions like receivables, payables, royalty statement preparation, financial analysis, bank deposits, and sales reconciliations. We have a hybrid work model, however you will be required to be in the office at least 2 days a week (and likely more to start for training).
- Timely generation of royalty statements and payments, and effective communication to address authors’ enquiries
- Work with all departments to ensure timely approvals and processing of payables and that all payables are tracked to a Job ID
- Prepare ongoing costing using Job IDs
- Issue invoices for Direct and Author Sales, and follow up for collections as needed
- Record incoming payments and make weekly bank deposits
- Track and reconcile sales, and ensure complete records for Royalty preparation
- Produce timely and accurate financial and sales reports.
- Assist Marking and Sales department with data analysis as well as data tracking
- Assist in providing timely and accurate financial reporting and planning including a timely month end close, and preparing for year-end as required
- Assist with contracts tracking, and other Admin tracking
- Assist in grant and tax credit applications and reporting as needed
- Maintain filing systems, and perform general administrative tasks
- Assist in all other accounting and financial functions and other tasks as required
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or Business Admin
- Working towards CPA an asset
- 2-3 years of experience in an accounting or administrative role with data focus
- General accounting knowledge and number sense
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, Word
- Knowledge of Royalties Software an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Friendly, personable, high energy
- Team player, assisting other colleagues
- Organized, detail-oriented, analytical
- Accept direction, responsible, responsive, and able to meet deadlines
- Interest in publishing industry/love of reading
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter along with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dundurn Press Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates and accommodates persons with disabilities. Candidates that are selected for interviews should advise us if they require accommodation.
- Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Job type: Full-time
- Salary: based on experience
- Benefits: Dental care, extended health care, vision care, paid time off
- Application deadline: 2023-09-08
- Expected start date: 2023-09-19