Now You Know Football – By Doug Lennox
It's easy to be a Monday-morning quarterback, but the true football fan has the answers all week long. Doug Lennox, the all-pro of Q&A, leads the drive as he tells us why a touchdown is worth six points, who first decided to pick up the ball and throw it, and how a children's toy changed the sport's biggest championship. Along the way we'll meet players great and not-so-great and encounter the various leagues that have come and gone throughout the world.
- Why is the sport called "football"?
- Who first used the term sack?
- Why did one American president consider banning football?
- What football team was named after a Burt Reynolds character?
- Why are footballs shaped the way they are?
- How many times have NFL and CFL teams squared off?
- Which came first - the Ottawa Rough Riders or the Saskatchewan Roughriders?
- Whose Super Bowl ring is a size 25?
GET SUPPORT MATERIAL / BUY THIS BOOK